Hello there, my Soulsters! What’s the good word?
I am ending the week with a giveaway, can it get any better than that? Let’s jump in.
I am a proud sponsor of Mirror Images: Conversations About Diversity and Representation In Media hosted by my girl Bee Quammie from 83ToInfinity.com. This event is going to tackle some of the key issues in media that we haven’t been able to discuss in an open forum – until now. Gender, race, and various obstacles that many faces in media on a daily basis. Mirror Images features a fantastic roundtable with some of the most respected names in media, including:
Tatiana King: Radio Personality, G 98.7FM’s “The African Groove Show”
Arisa Cox: Freelance Journalist & Host of Big Brother Canada
Kim Johnson: Producer, CityNews
Nneka Elliott: Reporter/Anchor/Co-host, CP24 Breakfast
Ingrie Williams: Stylist & Editor of HOLR Magazine
Namugenyi Kiwanuka: Columnist & Videographer
I am really looking forward to the many directions that this conversation will go, the stream of issues that it will touch, and the awakening of so many different levels of understanding that we haven’t touched in a long while with each other. It really is going to be a thought-provoking event that you do not want to miss.
With that being said, I am giving away a pair of tickets to a lucky Toronto Soulsters to head on over to Mirror Images on Sunday, October 26th! But of course, you can get more information about the event and tickets right here.
Here are the rules and regs:
Enter your info in the form below and I will draw a random winner and make the announcement on Thursday, October 23rd.
– Please enter your full name, email, and phone number.
– The contest starts now, as of this post! The deadline for entries will be on Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014 at midnight.
– You MUST live in the Toronto area to enter and must be able to attend the show. Tickets CANNOT be transferred or passed on to anyone.
– The winner will be notified by email and text message on Thursday, October 22nd.
– The winner will also be announced on Soulafrodisiac’s Twitter and Facebook Fan Page at 1 PM.
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR ENTERING!